Friday, November 15, 2013

Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole

Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole 


First there are many variations on this recipe. It can be made a little more “diet” friendly by using lowfat sour cream and low fat soup, I think nonfat would work as well. I use canned chicken when I am making it for a few people. It does freeze well.

4-6 cooked chicken breasts, cubed       
2 cans cream of chicken
1 16 oz sour cream               
2 ½ sleeves Ritz crackers, crushed
1-2 sticks butter, melted           
2 tbsp. poppy seeds

Combine melted butter and crackers, set aside.

Combine chicken, soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds. Set aside.

Sprinkle bottom of 9x13 pan with half the cracker mixture.
Pour all of chicken mixture into pan. Sprinkle remaining cracker mixture on top.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Serve over rice and with a fresh vegetable like broccoli. I have heard of people just putting the vegetables into the mixture and cooking.

This is a recipe that I experiment with! I add less chicken if I don’t have it. I add more sour cream if I want it more creamy. More poppy seeds can be added if you like. I use RITZ crackers only. I don’t like the taste with the cheaper brands.

No comments:

Post a Comment